Signal Messenger || A Private Messaging App is an application for Android and iOS which uses the Internet to send one to one and group messages which can include images and video messages and make one-to-one voice calls. Signal uses mobile numbers and identifies an end-to-end encryption to secure all communications. It seems to be one of the more well-known private messaging services and for good reason it’s very easy to set up.
- What is Signal Messenger?
You should start using encryption and you may have avoided doing so thinking that encryption is difficult or highly technical we’re here to tell you it’s not if you own a Smartphone you can start using encryption right away and you can do so by starting to use Signal Messaging App. Signal is very secured messenger application. Signal won’t protect you in all situations but it’s definitely an improvement on using SMS or normal phone calls and once you’ve started you can take other steps to improve your situation further.
- Features of Signal messenger?
If you use WhatsApp you already know pretty much what to expect with Signal. Give or take a few features Signal does everything WhatsApp does. The main attraction of Signal is that it uses a specific type of encryption which is called end-to-end encryption. End-to-end encryption aims to protect your communications not only from malicious hackers or spying government’s but also service providers like your ISP or your chat service. Basically end-to-end means the communication is encrypted from one end to the other end and nobody in between as access.
- Focus on Free calling facility and security Features
Signal uses data and Wi-Fi only. In order to send and receive messages you need to be using data or connected to a Wi-Fi network. This also means that if you send a message to a contact and they don’t have data on or a Wi-Fi connection then the message will not be delivered until they do. It has more secured than any other messaging apps. All other messaging apps are not working well on their security panel; they just make their apps full of cute emojis stickers. This messaging app is well enough at its security measures.
- Also other Features
Signal might have been among the first but it is no longer the only secure messaging app available. In 2013 it created a huge market opportunity for encrypted messaging apps and suddenly Smartphone app stores exploded with hundreds of new apps all claiming to protect your messages. It really allows you to change keep your phone and keeps your messages secure. It is open source software, available for Android and iOS. It includes all features like read receipts, emoji support, group chats, and voice and video calls.
How to use it?
- Tap the icon for the Google Play Store to open the store.
- Type Signal private messenger in the search box and then press search.
- The first option in the list should be Signal private messenger.
- After Installation, Open it.
- The first thing it asks you to do is to register your phone number.
- Type your phone number and then press register. Now wait one signal sends you out verification SMS.
- When you have conversations they will appear as a list on this screen. If you tap the compose icon you will see a list of your contacts who are already using signal your contacts and you can type them a message in press send you will notice a padlock icon at the bottom right of the message this tells you that the message is being encrypted.